elevate your impact
apply for a grant
Greater Lawrence Community Fund
The Greater Lawrence Community Fund provides support for nonprofit organizations providing essential needs to four communities in the Greater Lawrence community of Massachusetts.
The Greater Lawrence Community Fund directs support to essential needs in four communities in Greater Lawrence: Lawrence, Methuen, Andover and North Andover with a focus on the city of Lawrence. These needs include hunger, clothing, shelter and education. Shelter is defined as affordable housing or shelter programs, but not actual construction projects. The GLCF Grants Committee looks favorably on collaborative projects.
Organizations that received a GLCF grant in the previous year are asked to take one year off before applying for additional funding.
Only nonprofit organizations recognized as tax exempt or those with fiscal sponsorship under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code are eligible for consideration.
ECCF is committed to non-discrimination. We support organizations that use all reasonable efforts to recruit, hire, train, promote and serve persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where such status is a bona fide qualification for the service being provided and is related to the organization’s mission.
Generally, GLCF grants are not awarded:
• To individuals
• To state or local government agencies including public schools
• For political purposes
• For debt or deficit reduction
• To replace public funding, or for purposes which are generally a public sector responsibility
• To support academic research
• For travel outside the region
• To organizations headquartered outside of Essex County, unless they have a physical presence in the Merrimack Valley.
• For summer programs that are already supported by the Greater Lawrence Summer Fund.
When reviewing proposals, the GLCF Grants Committee considers:
• Programs that meet a documented need, are well-planned and include evaluation procedures.
• Organizations that have the capacity to support the proposed project and have a sound financial plan.
• Projects that offer the most significant impact for the contribution dollar.
• The project’s potential impact on the participants.
• The needs of the target population.
• Potential for continuation or impact beyond the grant period.
Proposals should demonstrate how the requested funds will be used directly in the program itself or in the building of the organization’s capacity.
Usually, grants are made for specific programs or activities with objectives that can be assessed within a one-year grant period. General operating support is sometimes provided to small organizations.
The Committee may request a site visit during their review period (Oct-Nov) to gather more information or learn more about a new program or organization.
One organization may be awarded from among the final grantees to receive the Patricia F. Karl Innovation Award in recognition of a creative approach to the need(s) addressed by their proposal. If selected, this grantee will be awarded a 1-year grant for the full $10,000 and the recognition of receiving the Patricia F. Karl Innovation Award.
The GLCF Advisory Committee reviews all proposals and recommends grant awards for approval by the ECCF Board of Trustees. Those agencies submitting proposals that meet the Fund’s guidelines may be called for a site visit or phone interview.
Grant recipients must submit a final report by August 31st.
Grantees will be emailed information and links to the Final Report Form or may access the form through the Application Portal.
GRANTS AWARDED BY
$5,000 – $10,000 (1 year grant)
In 2017, it was decided that the GLCF would focus on the Greater Lawrence area to include the communities of Lawrence, Methuen, North Andover and Andover with a focus on Lawrence.
FINAL REPORT FORMS
Final reports should be submitted through the Application Portal.
nonprofits & grants
get in touch
Senior Program Officer
(978) 777-8876 x138
how can we help?
We would love to hear from you.