elevate your impact
apply for a grant
The Women’s Fund of Essex County
The Women’s Fund of Essex County raises funds specifically to award grants to nonprofit organizations focused on gender-specific programs and services for at-risk women and girls* of Essex County. Our grants are awarded annually to results-oriented organizations that have demonstrated success in positively impacting the lives of women and girls. Our grants provide an essential infusion of funding to maximize the success and impact of the programs or services. By pooling the gifts of The Women’s Fund donors, we can increase the breadth and depth of each donor’s contribution across a broad range of issues and solutions specific to Essex County.
Since 2003, The Women’s Fund has donated more than $3 million to 150 non-profits serving Essex County organizations offering gender-specific programs for women and girls. The Women’s Fund will update this page with the guidelines and priorities for the 2023 grant cycle in October 2022, with applications opening on November 1, 2022. The deadline to apply will be January 10, 2023.
*Note: Our use of the term “women and girls” includes all individuals who identify as women or girls.
To be announced October 2022
The Women’s Fund is limited to nonsectarian programming for Essex County women and girls of all religious, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds. Programs sponsored by religious organizations are eligible if enrollment is open to all qualified women and girls and the program is free of mandatory sectarian religious instruction.
Generally, grants will not be awarded:
- To individuals
- To agencies with pending 501(c)3 status
- For debt or deficit reduction
- For political purposes
- For sectarian or religious purposes
- For endowment or capital campaigns
- For research or feasibility studies
We support nonprofit organizations serving the residents of Essex County, MA. We prefer the organization be based in Essex County but it is not a requirement. The grant funds must be spent within the county.
- Applications must be received no later than 5:00 PM EST, January 10, 2023. Incomplete or late applications may not be considered.
- The Grants Committee will make final funding decisions in early April and present their recommendations for final approval by The Women’s Fund Advisory Board and by the Essex County Community Foundation Finance Committee.
- Grant Awards will be announced no later than May 1, 2023.
- Grant winners will be required to submit a brief report on the use of the grant via an online reporting portal, no later than December 31, 2023. They will also be required to announce the grant on their social media platforms and share their logo with TWF so we may feature it on our website.
- The Women’s Fund Grants Allocation Committee will carefully review applications beginning in mid-January and will schedule any necessary follow-up conference call visits with qualifying
nonprofit organizations in February and March.
- The Committee will make final funding decisions and present their recommendations for final approval by The Women’s Fund Advisory Board and by the Essex County Community Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Grant Awards will be announced in May.
Grantees will be required to submit an end of calendar year summary of how the funds were utilized as well as highlight the grant on their social media sites.
Grantees will be required to submit a brief report on the use of the grant via an online reporting portal in December. This information is useful to The Women’s Fund for our fundraising efforts as we look to expand our capacity to aid organizations assisting women and girls across the county.
The Women’s Fund also requires that our logo, identifying us as a funding partner, be displayed on grantees’ websites and be featured in any press release or any social media platform related to the grant.
January 10, 2023
By May 1, 2023
Supporting nonprofit programs serving the residents of Essex County, Massachusetts, with priority given to organizations located in Essex County.
FINAL REPORT FORMS
Final reports should be submitted through the Application Portal.
nonprofits & grants
get in touch
Director of Programs & Racial Equity
(978) 777-8876 x128
how can we help?
We would love to hear from you.