elevate your impact
apply for a grant
Greater Newburyport Fund for the Blind
The Greater Newburyport Fund for the Blind (GNFB) was established as a Field of Interest Fund at Essex County Community Foundation (ECCF) in support of residents in Greater Newburyport living with blindness or progressive loss of sight. The Fund provides grants to nonprofits and charitable entities (like schools, libraries, senior centers, etc.) for programs and services that meet the needs of the vision-impaired and enhance their quality of life and empower them to live independent and productive lives.
Applicants are invited to apply for grants up to $5,000. If annual funds are not expended in the fiscal year in which funds are made available, the Fund will consider applications on a rolling basis.
Applicants must represent qualified 501(c)3 nonprofits or other charitable entities such as schools, libraries, senior centers, etc. who support residents in Greater Newburyport. Greater Newburyport is defined as: Amesbury, Byfield, Newbury, Newburyport, Salisbury, and West Newbury.
- Respond to needs of blind and progressive sight-loss residents with high quality programs for Greater Newburyport residents.
- Offer effective and measurable solutions to impact residents with blindness or progressive sight loss in positive, sustainable, and empowering ways.
- Nonprofit or charitable entity must demonstrate strong administrative leadership and fiduciary responsibility
ECCF is committed to non-discrimination. We support organizations that use all reasonable efforts to recruit, hire, train, promote and serve persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where such status is a bona fide qualification for the service being provided and is related to the organization’s mission.
GNFB grants will not be awarded:
- To individuals.
- For sectarian or religious purposes. Note: GNFB is limited to non-sectarian programming for residents living with blindness or progressive loss of sight of all religious and ethnic backgrounds. Programs sponsored by religious organizations are eligible, provided enrollment is open to all who are living with blindness or progressive loss of sight, and the program is free of mandatory religious instruction, worship, or other sectarian activities.
- For political purposes.
- For debt or deficit reduction.
- For capital campaigns for buildings, land acquisition or endowment.
In addition to the program objectives outlined above, applicants should consider the following criteria:
- GNFB funds operational (new as of 2023) or programmatic support
- There should be demonstration of strong administration, executive and board leadership
- The program or organization should be fiscally sound with a balanced budget
- Funds must be used for programs or services, general operations, or capital expenditures related to programs or services
Proposals must be submitted online by no later than May 5. Incomplete or late proposals will not be considered in the grant round, but could be considered on a rolling basis.
May 5, 2023
Up to $5,000
Limited to organizations serving residents of Amesbury, Byfield, Newbury, Newburyport, Salisbury, and West Newbury.
nonprofits & grants
get in touch
(978) 777-8876 x138
how can we help?
We would love to hear from you.