elevate your impact
apply for a grant
Essex County Land and Environment Initiative
The Essex County Land and Environment Initiative (ECLEI) is a new annual grantmaking program that seeks to improve the quality of life for Essex County residents by promoting stewardship of our county’s land, water, and other natural resources.
The current areas of priority for the Fund are to:
- Acquire land for open space and passive recreational use
- Provide access to open lands by building and maintaining parking and picnic areas and trails
- Promote stewardship of our county’s natural resources
- Manage the county’s growth wisely
ECLEI will open with an initial grant cycle beginning July 15, 2020. The first-round grants will be distributed by the end of November 2020.
Applicants are invited to apply for grants of up to $25,000.
Applicants must have 501(c)(3) tax status under the IRS tax code and serve Essex County residents.
ECCF is committed to non-discrimination. We support organizations that use all reasonable efforts to recruit, hire, train, promote and serve persons without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law, except where such status is a bona fide qualification for the service being provided and is related to the organization’s mission.
ECLEI grants will not be awarded:
- To individuals.
- For sectarian or religious purposes.
- For political purposes.
- For debt or deficit reduction.
- For capital campaigns for buildings, land acquisition or endowment.
ECLEI seeks grantmaking opportunities where the investment of up to $25,000 can make a difference. In addition to the funding priorities listed above, we will look for the following:
- Clear organizational mission and vision
- Strong leadership that is diverse, inclusive, and representative of the community that the organization serves
- Clear articulation of the opportunity, how funding would be used, and desired impact
- Ability and expertise to accomplish the proposed work and meet a documented need of Essex County residents
Proposals must be submitted online by no later than September 15, 2020. Incomplete or late proposals will not be considered.
September 15, 2020
GRANTS AWARDED BY
November 30, 2020
Up to $25,000
Organizations serving residents of Essex County, Massachusetts
FINAL REPORT FORMS
Final reports should be submitted through the Application Portal.
nonprofits & grants
get in touch
Director of Programs & Racial Equity
(978) 777-8876 x128
how can we help?
We would love to hear from you.