We are in the midst of a community health crisis, and we want you to know that Essex County Community Foundation is committed not only to doing our part to help mitigate the unique challenges that arise during this time but also to ensuring that regular operations at the Foundation continue as expected. While our physical office is closed to respect social distancing, our staff is still connected and working remotely.
To Our Nonprofit Grantees
We understand that while you shift your priorities to handle emerging needs during this time, your organizations’ everyday missions and goals still require attention. To that end, we want you to know that:
- We will continue the timely distribution of all in-process grant awards.
- Applicants and potential applicants in ECCF’s competitive grants process should monitor the ECCF website for updates and adjustments to timelines intended to accommodate your shifting priorities.
To Our Fundholders
During this time, ECCF will continue to support your philanthropy, which has such a big impact every day in our region. Foundation staff will ensure:
- Gift processing is uninterrupted.
- Grant recommendations will continue to be processed according to schedule.
- There will be no disruption in the regular work of the community foundation.
To Our Friends and Volunteers
ECCF is committed to playing a role in collective solutions to regional challenges, and we want you to know that during this uncertain time, we are doing our part to help mitigate the effects of the current COVID-19 crisis while maintaining operations at the Foundation. ECCF is:
- Assisting with social distancing by closing the foundation office.
- Following state guidelines and the examples of other community foundations.
- Fully prepared to continue our work remotely, based on a solid business continuity plan.
We are all in this together. Should you have any questions, or need more information about the Foundation’s operations during this time, please visit our staff page to connect with an ECCF staff member.