Picture it: Danvers, Friday at 5pm. You want something cool to do, but you don’t want to drive into Boston. If only there was a single place where you could browse arts and culture events in the ‘burbs north of the city.
There is. And it’s EssexCountyCreates.org, a new regional arts and cultural events calendar focused on the 34 vibrant cities and towns in Essex County, where arts, culture and creativity are thriving. A project of Essex County Community Foundation’s Creative County Initiative, EssexCountyCreates.org connects you to all the hip happenings – and the people making them happen – right in your back yard.
On March 21, EssexCountyCreates.org is celebrating its digital launch. Throughout the day, we will share information and testimonials about this countywide resource designed to share our region’s passion for arts and culture. And we want you to help us spread the word so that all of Essex County can connect to the artists, venues and organizations that make our region so unique.
- To take part in spreading the word about EssexCountyCreates.org – and give a boost to local arts and culture – on March 21 you can:
Visit organd browse events, artist profiles and creative classifieds.
- Register (it’s FREE!) to bookmark your favorites.
- Share an event you found on EssexCountyCreates.org on social media.
- Follow @essexcountycreates on Instagram; Like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter @essexcalendar.
- Use #EssexCountyCreates in your posts to join some of your favorite local venues, organizations and artists taking part in this fun campaign.
Most importantly, support the creative community. Attend a show. Buy local art. Take a workshop and include yourself in the excitement that is the Creative County Initiative.