The Foundation provides many opportunities for you to make an impact in the community and the causes you care about. As your philanthropic partner, we help you develop a personalized giving strategy to meet your unique charitable goals and objectives. Here are some ways to give.
ECCF manages over 100 charitable funds. We provide investment management and expert guidance, and customize each fund to meet the donor's philanthropic intentions. Our family of funds supports thousands of charitable programs and students in Essex County, as well as national and international programs and institutions. Learn more about setting up a Fund.
The Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNE) provides comprehensive educational and networking resources to help nonprofit board and staff members improve the capacity of their organizations. The Center offers annual workshops on leadership and management topics, the annual Institute for Trustees, consulting, online tools, free access to the EBSCO Publishing Grants Resource Center, back office services and peer group meeting opportunities. A gift to CNE helps maximize the impact of Essex County organizations. Learn more about CNE.
ECCF manages a number of collaborative funds and programs that welcome support to further their impact in the community. To give to any of these initiatives, click on the donate online button and select the fund you wish to give to from the drop down list provided.
- Discretionary Fund - Gifts are pooled with income from the Discretionary Endowment and awarded as grants for capacity building projects at Essex County nonprofits.
- Emergency Fund - Gifts enable ECCF to respond to nonprofits with urgent funding needs created by unforeseen events or natural disasters.
- Essex County Hunger Relief Fund - A gift to this fund supports collaborative efforts to eliminate hunger in our communities.
- Betty Beland Greater Lawrence Summer Fund - Contributions to this fund are pooled and granted to Greater Lawrence nonprofits that provide summer enrichment for inner-city youth.
- Hardscrabble Education Fund - Gifts are pooled and granted to public school teachers in Beverly, Lynn, Marblehead, Nahant, Salem, and Swampscott to support special classroom projects as well as curriculum and staff development.
- The Women’s Fund of Essex County - Gifts help provide grants to local nonprofit organizations which promote leadership, health and economic security for women and girls.
- Youth at Risk - Gifts support the annual Youth at Risk Conference which provides continuing education for youth services professionals throughout Essex County and beyond.
Donor advised funds are now the most popular family philanthropy vehicle in America, outnumbering private foundations 2 to 1. Moving some or all your charitable assets to a donor advised fund at ECCF allows you to continue your philanthropic giving, free from the administrative burdens, payout requirements and exposure. Learn more.
Planned giving can be an extremely effective approach to charitable giving. Learn more about planned giving options at Ways to Give.
Since 1999, over 5,000 individuals and organizations have partnered with ECCF in awarding more than $15 million in grants and scholarships, and assisting hundreds of nonprofits with training and management skills. We invite you to join them in making a difference in your own community or cause.
To discuss any of these options, please contact Jay Caporale, Executive Vice President & Director of Philanthropy at 978-777-8876 x35, email@example.com, or Julie Bishop, Vice President for Grants & Services at 978-777-8876 x28, firstname.lastname@example.org.