The Diruhi Mattian Memorial Award is awarded at the Youth at Risk Conference each year to a special person who has made an outstanding contribution in their work of supporting youth at risk. The Youth at Risk Committee selects the recipient of the award each year from the submissions we receive from you.
Diruhi Mattian was a social worker who, in the course of doing the work that meant so much to her, was tragically killed in 2008. Diruhi was extremely committed to her mission of helping youth at risk and their families. She was dedicated to her profession and driven to make a difference in the lives of young people. Diruhi was known to many as an advocate of self care and for providing her colleagues with support and nurturance. We created this award to both honor her memory and to recognize those doing outstanding work in the community.
Past recipients are:
- Mike Duda, YAR Founder and Pastor of First Church in Wenham
- Kelly O’Connor, Director of the Gregg Neighborhood House Afterschool program
- H. Bud Kelly, a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
- Mark Libon, V.P. of Community Based services for Lahey Health Systems
- Donna Coe, Nurse Practitioner at Lynn Community Health Center
We are accepting submissions for the 2015 award. Deadline date February 23, 2015. Thank you!