We offer your clients a number of options to make charitable giving easy and rewarding, while supporting their financial planning goals.
ECCF manages over one hundred funds, providing expert investment management and guidance. Each fund is customized to suit your client's charitable intent. ECCF Funds support thousands of nonprofit programs and students in Essex County, as well as several national and international programs and institutions. Learn more about setting up a fund.
Donor advised funds are one of the more widely used family philanthropy vehicles in America, outnumbering private foundations 2 to 1. Moving from a private or family foundation to a donor advised fund at ECCF allows your clients to continue their philanthropic giving, free from the administrative burdens, payout requirements and exposure that comes with having a private or family foundation.
ECCF manages a number of collaborative funds and programs that welcome support to further their impact in the community. To give to any of these initiatives, click on the donate online button and select the fund from the drop down list provided.
- Discretionary Fund - Gifts are pooled with income from the Discretionary Endowment and awarded as grants for capacity building projects at Essex County nonprofits.
- Emergency Fund - Gifts enable ECCF to respond to nonprofits with urgent funding needs created by unforeseen events or natural disasters.
- Essex County Hunger Relief Fund - A gift to this fund supports collaborative efforts to eliminate hunger in our communities.
- Betty Beland Greater Lawrence Summer Fund - Contributions to this fund are pooled and granted to Greater Lawrence nonprofits that provide summer enrichment for inner-city youth.
- Hardscrabble Education Fund - Gifts are pooled and granted to public school teachers in Beverly, Lynn, Marblehead, Nahant, Salem, and Swampscott to support special classroom projects as well as curriculum and staff development.
- The Women’s Fund of Essex County - Gifts help provide grants to local nonprofit organizations which promote leadership, health and economic security for women and girls.
- Youth at Risk - Gifts support the annual Youth at Risk Conference which provides continuing education for youth services professionals throughout Essex County and beyond.
The ECCF Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNE) is a comprehensive program of support for charitable organizations, offering "one stop shopping," meeting an organization where they are developmentally, and helping them to improve governance and operations in order to accomplish their goals. The Center gathers board members and executive directors of nonprofit organizations for the Institute for Trustees, an annual all-day conference where attendees learn best practices. It organizes and runs the annual Youth at Risk Conference for over 600 professionals serving youth at risk in Essex County and Greater Boston. It offers over 10 workshops each year on a full range of nonprofit management topics, and it provides an array of expert, custom consultation services. The Center also offers online tools, free access to our Grants Resource Center and peer group initiatives designed to promote collaboration and share resources among nonprofits. A gift to the CNE helps maximize the impact of every charitable dollar Essex County organizations receive. Learn more about CNE.
Giving through any of the above vehicles creates a positive impact in the community and ensures that the donor receives maximum tax advantages. At any step along the way, we are here to help you and your clients in deciding the most effective approach for them.
To learn more, please contact Jay Caporale, Executive Vice President & Director of Philanthropy at 978 777-8876 x35 or firstname.lastname@example.org.